You’re a freshman heading to Tallwood on the first day of school. You have no idea where to go, who to talk to, or what to do! You’re nervous, hesitant, excited, anxious and maybe somewhat overwhelmed…If you were in band, you’d walk into school confidently, knowing you already have over 100 friends you met at band camp! You’d feel welcome and have immediate contact with upperclassmen.
No other organization eases the transition to high school like band.
Band Students Have…
|17.3%||Higher Graduation Rates|
|8.4%||Higher Attendance Rates|
|63 Points||Higher, on average, on the SAT verbal section|
|44 Points||Higher, on average, on the SAT match section|
Among School Principals…
|96%||Believe music education encourages and motivates students to stay in school|
|89%||Believe music education contributes to higher graduation rates|
Band & Life
Band impacts more than just your ability to play an instrument.
Band Builds Life Skills
- Working toward common goals
- Striving for excellence in a group setting
- Utilizing a disciplined and creative approach to solving problems
- Having flexibility in work situations
- Music majors are the most likely group of college graduates to be admitted to medical school.
- The foremost technical designers and engineers in Silicon Valley are nearly all practicing musicians.
- Music causes physiological benefits that stretch beyond audible enjoyment. It’s the language of healing.
- Music is the best extra-curricular activity.
- Students learn things that have nothing to do with music.